Spartan UDL Fellows
Spartan Urban Debate League (UDL) Fellows
The Spartan Debate Institute is committed to making an exceptional summer debate education accessible to all students. As part of that objective, the SDI is proud to offer the Spartan UDL Fellows scholarship program for high school students who attend schools that are members of the Detroit Urban Debate League. As a Spartan UDL Fellow, the recipient will receive a full scholarship (including tuition, room, and board) to the SDI 4-week program. For the upcoming summer, the SDI will be making available four (4) SDS scholarships - with a total value of over $10,000.
Applicants for the Fellows must meet the following conditions:
- Attend a high school that is a member of the Detroit Urban Debate league
- Be nominated for the award by the DUDL Executive Leadership
- Have a minimum of 1 year of policy debate experience with a minimum of 20 contest rounds of experience
- Have a minimum 2.0 high school GPA
Awards will be made no later than April 1, 2019.
Urban Debate League Scholarships
The Spartan Debate Institute also offers scholarships for students who attend schools that are a member of any Urban Debate League. UDL scholarships are automatic for applicants that meet the membership criteria. For 2020, the SDI has committed to make available up to $20,000 in scholarship awards for UDL students. Awards are as follows:
- 4-week program or Spartan Scholars: $500 off tuition
- 2-week program: $250 off tuition
Awards are automatically applied; there is no further application required. Please note on your application that you qualify for the UDL discount to expedite processing.
For more information, please contact the SDI (email@example.com).