Spartan Debate Institute
Phone: (517) 798-6269 (9:00am - 5:00pm EST business hours until the start of camp)
In 1992, the fledgling debate team at Michigan State University teamed up with a few local high school debate coaches to create a new debate institute, centered around maximizing instruction and value for the students who would attend.
In the years since, the Spartan Debate Institutes have grown, hosting more than 3,000 debaters, hailing from all 50 states, coming from schools and debate circuits of all shapes and sizes.
Entering this summer, our commitment to each and every student still revolves around the same principles we pioneered in our first summer:
- Quality Faculty - among the finest college and high school coaches in the nation
- Comprehensive Curriculum - inclusive of all arguments and styles
- Instruction for All Levels - labs for pre-novices to TOC Champions
- Student-Staff Ratio - never higher than 8:1
- More Actual Debating - four or more debates each week
- Individualized Instruction - less lectures, more small group learning
- A Fun, Safe Environment - responsible instructors, permanent dorm staff, and firm, reasonable rules, fairly and consistent enforced
Join us this summer, and discover why the Spartan Debate Institutes are among best in value for debate instruction.
The dates for the 2019 SDI are:
2-week program: July 7 - July 19
3-week program: July 7 - July 26
4-week program: July 7 - August 2
Public Forum program: July 21 - August 2
Interested in learning about debate for the first time? New debate students are encouraged to apply for our two-week program, where we offer a break-out curriculum tailored specifically to their needs. The program is great for students of all levels of experience!
For information about the Spartan Debate Institute's safety and security policies, click here.